Friday, August 3, 2007

Well we survived...barely!

I still can't believe mom left me behind. I mean, look at this face. How could anyone bare to leave me behind? But she did. She went out of town without me last week for the first time. And the worst part is, she left Riley and me with dad...all by ourselves...unsupervised!! Let me just say, dad loves us but he just doesn't get it. You see, mom and Riley and me, we have a schedule.

6:30 am-I whine and she gets up to let me and Riley out.
7:00 am-She lets us in and we get a treat and a bowl of water.
12:00-1:00 pm-Mom comes home from work and lets us out. We get petted before mom goes back to work.
5:00 pm-Dad is home and he feeds us.
7:00 pm-After dinner mom takes us out to play or on a walk. She makes dad come too. Then we sit with mom on the sofa or play inside.
9:00 pm-We get a treat and go to bed.

Well I guess she didn't tell dad about this schedule because he was getting us up at 4:30 am to go out before he went to work and then he wouldn't come back until 4 pm to let us out! That's a long time to hold it folks. We had a couple accidents and dad seemed pretty stressed out when he got home and had to clean up after us. What else were we supposed to do? Also, he was tired when he got home and didn't want to play when I brought my toys to him. Now I know dad did his best to take care of us, but he just doesn't have the kind of patience and love that mom does.

I don't know what mom was thinking but we were sure happy to see her when she got home! Mom, please don't ever do that again! I'm just glad I'm alive to tell the story!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

OMG, this is great. Einstein is SUPER attached to me so I think he would have the same thoughts if I left him for a week as well!!